Update 4/30/17* The new patch is coming out at an undetermined time as of now. Click here to find out why.
Developer Comments: Akuma has very high potential. That potential however, comes with low health. What we noticed is that due to his low health, Akuma players were playing much more conservatively than anticipated and not really exploring his options as much as they could be.
We hope that with the change to his vitality, Akuma players will be able to approach matches more confidently and fully explore new strategies with him without the fear of losing the round quickly.
- Increased from 875 to 900
- M Goshoryuken
- Added a hurtbox for frames 3-6F
- Added invincibility for airborne attacks for frames 1 to 6F
- Increased the knockback distance for the first hit
- Slightly expanded the forward hitbox during rising animation
- H Goshoryuken
- Added attack and projectile invincibility for frames 3-6F
Source: Capcom Blog