The final DLC character for Season 2 of Street Fighter V has been revealed. As many predicted, the final character is Zeku, Guy’s former teacher of Businryu, a form of ninjutsu.
As mentioned at the end of the trailer, Zeku will be available to play on October 24th.
There will be a small amount of changes to the game coming on October 16th. mostly bug fixes for certain characters.
The patch will be coming a day before the game’s first DLC characters Monster Hunter, Black Panther, and Sigma are released.
General (These changes will go live on PS4 and PC on October 16 and on Xbox One at a later date)
- When an opponent has been hit by three special “grab” projectiles in a single combo, they will automatically be affected by a spiral hit stun, causing them to be invincible and sent into the air. Players can also counter tag out of these attacks.
- Affected moves:
- Spider-Man – LP/HP Web Ball (including air versions)
- Frank – LK/HK Hammer Throw
- Can perform air recovery in eight directions when recovering from certain unique hits in the air.
- Affected moves:
- Dante – Bee Hive
- Chun-Li – Spinning Bird Kick (including air version), Kikosho, Hoyokusen
- Chris – Sweep Combo
- Doctor Strange – Bolts of Balthakk
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to block during the last frame of crouching block recovery.
- Fixed an issue that caused a connection error to occur when continuously performing successful grabs in an online match.
- Increased throw invincibility during air recovery from 3F to 5F.
- Fixed comboing into another combo using the Mind Surge throw.
Characters (These changes will go live across all platforms in the update on October 16)
- Fixed a bug when taking damage during Tempest that caused Dante’s position to change from the location where he took that damage.
- Fixed bug(s) so that properties of moves without the shield match those with the shield. (ex: forward jumping during forward ground dash without the shield did not have dash momentum)
- Fixed a bug causing backflip (without shield) to be invincible from start up.
- Fixed a bug that caused his back ground throw to not do damage and had a shorter knockback distance.
- Fixed a bug where jumping forward during a back ground dash (with shield) had dash momentum.
- Fixed a bug that caused him to not face the opponent when behind them while activating Charging Star and Hyper Charging Star.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Dark Hole with Flight.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Purification with Flight.
- Fixed bug where when there are 3 Graces of Hoggoth HP traps on screen and Flames of the Faltine is used from a higher position, the fired laser VFX disappears.
- Fixed bug causing one Grace of Hoggoth to remain on screen after activating Flames of the Faltine in certain situations.
Source: Capcom Blog
Street Fighter V Arcade Edition is coming as a free update to owners of Street Fighter V on January 16th, 2018.
Check out the announcement trailer below.
Hit the jump to see some additional info and screenshots.
A new trailer has surfaced revealing gameplay for the other two first wave DLC characters for MvC:I, Black Panther and Sigma.
The third DLC character, Monster Hunter, you can find after the jump.
A plethora of new costumes are coming to Street Fighter V after the usual maintenance on 9/26. Check them out after the jump.
Last year’s Capcom Cup winner and FGC personality KnuckleDu has pledged to give all his winnings to victims of Hurricane Irma.
Liquid’s NuckleDu will be donating a majority of the total $10,000 prize pool he earned by beating Echo Fox’s Justin Wong in the Grand Finals. You can watch the entire match below.
This was an incredibly nice gesture by Du. I am sure Florida is going to need every single cent they can get in rebuilding and it is great to see people in the FGC community caring about such things.
Source: Twitter, Arcade Video Collection
I, like many other people in the FGC, like Street Fighter V’s newest DLC character, Menat. She is one of the less serious characters in the game, an apprentice of Rose, and she and her animations look fantastic.
But, unfortunately, there are a number of reasons why the Fortune-Teller’s future does not look great in competitive play.